Monday 2 October 2023

September 2023 Card Chain Challenge Reveal

 

I signed up again for the Card Chain Challenge! Essentially you sign up and make a card that you send to the person before you in the sign up and the person that signed up after you, sends you a card!

For September 2023, I made a card to send to Bonnie in Colorado - this is wh
at I sent her:

Here are the options that we had to make the card:


Theme Options: Foxes / Autumn / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Foil / Fancy Fold

I have used the two colours from the colour palette and the theme options for inspiration, as well I have used a YouTube tutorial from the wonderful Kristine at La-La Land Crafts and adapted it slightly! Unless indicated all the products are from La-La Land Crafts.

I already had the fox images from June 2021 Club La-La Land Crafts kit stamped on X-Press It Blending card with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, I coloured two of the images and then thought a little dog would work better than the fox holding the flowers (I'll used him for something else!) So I stamped the dog from the October 2022 Club La-La Land Crafts kit.
I also made a mask of the pile of leaves from the October 2022 Club La-La Land Crafts kit and then stamped it three times to create an even bigger pile!

I have coloured all the images with the following Copics markers:
  • fox - E93, E95, E97, E99, W00, W0, W1, W3, W5, white gel pen
  • dog - W00, W0, W1, W3, W5, W7, W9, R00, white gel pen
  • leaves - R27, R29, V12, V15, YG03, YG17, YR21, YR23, YR61, YR68, E25, E35, YG61, YG63, YG67
I fussy cut all the images and then die cut the tree trunk from brown cardstock and the greenery from green cardstock using the tree from March 2023 La-La Land Crafts Kit of the Month. Then I used some autumn leaves that I had already die cut in yellowy orange cardstock from the September 2014 Club La-La Land Crafts kit.

I followed Kristine's instructions in the video and used the little piece from the Fairy House Elements die in the December 2021 Club La-La Land Crafts kit to make the slots that the fox and dog move in.
I also used the smallest circle from Double Stitched Circles Die for the back and the edge of the label from the Horizontal Pocket Die. (I am amazed at how the DT can use all the different dies that I already have!)

I was also lucky enough that Paper Flourish, one of our Crafting shops in Adelaide had the My Favourite Things Spin & Slide Discs available and sent them to me in a few days - I need to go and visit them this week as I have the week off! :)
For the background, I used the following Distress Oxide inks:
  • mowed lawn
  • squeezed lemonade
  • wild honey
  • picked raspberry
  • seedless preserves
I stamped the sentiment from Pile of Fun/October 2022 Club La-La Land Crafts kit in bamboo leaves Memento ink and hand wrote pull with a black pen.
I adhered my interactive base to a white square card from Envelope Solutions.
Here is a photo before I adhered it to the card:

Here is a photo of the background pieces with the distress oxide:

Here is a photo of the images after fussy cutting:

Here is a photo of the card before and after pulling the slider:

As usual, I found inspiration for the colouring from the wonderful Alyce at Kit and Clowder and her fantastic monthly classes.

Just before I sent the card, I had my daughter take a video of me pulling the pull tab - next time I need to make that a little more stable! I will try and upload the video to my JemLou Productions Facebook page (have not posted on there in a while). As I mentioned above, I am amazed at the DT using different parts of the sets for something totalling different - I am definitely looking at my stash a little differently now to see how I can use it all!

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
Mix It Up Challenge MIUCB #67 - Anything Goes with the option of Make Your Own Background
Allsorts Challenge Week 748 - Autumn Tree, Leaves and Berries and as always an Anything Goes option
Critter Crazy Challenge #79 - Anything Goes with a Featured Critter - I have two!

I hope that Bonnie likes the card, again, I was a little late organising myself and posting it as work has been crazy! Where does the month go?!

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

  1. How adorable, Lou - love the interactive element for your critters jumping in the leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. Kristine's tutorial is very easy to follow.

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness this is SO cute Lou! what a fun pull card and adorable critters - a lot of work put into this sweet card! (I hope you got my card??? I mailed it on 9/14)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, thank you for your lovely comment - it was a lot of work and fun - Kristine's tutorial is awesome!
      Anyway, I'm still waiting for your card, the post in Australia used to be very good when I lived in the States, but it definitely has gone downhill over the years. Quite sad really! I am sure it will arrive sooner or later - I can't wait to see it in person. Lou xo

      Delete
  3. What a great card, so colourful and happy and that's without the surprise movement. Well done. I am sure Bonnie will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvelous interactive card! Growing up in New England, it was always the best fun of autumn jumping into piles of leaves :-) Your card is so colorful. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow❣ I'm so excited you made one of these with my tutorial Lou!!! It turned out GORGEOUS 😍 Love your colorful background and critters... awesome job and I hope Bonnie loves it as well. Thank you so much for the mention!! Ink Something Crafty 💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what fun! I want to join in! A wonderfully constructed card with interaction - I would be playing with it all day long. SO glad you shared your animal friends with us at Critter Crazy, come back soon. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very cute and lots of work and love put into this sweet card.

    ReplyDelete