Sunday 3 November 2019

Use Holly and/or Ivy for the Winter Wonderland Challenge for the 1st of November, 2019

At Winter Wonderland this month, we are hosted by Christine, who has chosen the theme:
Use Holly and/or Ivy!

So here is my card, which is a little late this week as I have been busy with my new job:


Please remember that it is Christmas projects only and they must include the theme.

Our sponsor for this challenge is:
SheepSki Designs


Living in Leeds, Yorkshire in the UK, working full time as a Management Accountant, currently working on 2 design teams and an obsessive crafter and creator of cards. I have no actual style as yet but do love the unusual and quirky. I may be known for producing cards in soft pastel colours. I love anything arty. I've always drawn stuff, for as long as I can remember. In my younger days I sold a few watercolour paintings. I recently found mixed media which is a joy and love creating canvases with flowers. I had a battle with digital drawing for about a year and finally found some software I could gel with. 

In January 2016 a challenge team I worked on was short of a designer's images to create with so to the crafting world, to the lovely ladies who have supported me on my journey. I've a Facebook group SheepSki Designs where I hold challenges, some for fun to win digis as well as my monthly card challenge. I've a SheepSki Designs challenge blog as well. Things are growing slowly (thankfully) so I still manage to spend at least a little time with my hubby. Welcome to my world Andrea xx



Andrea is offering 3 images of choice for the random winner.


So back to my card:
I digitally printed the Winter Robin from the wonderful Andrea on to X-Press It blending card, which I then cut out using my paper cutter. 
I have coloured the image with the following Copics markers:
  • red - R11, R14, R17
  • brown - E33, E35, E37
  • white - C00, C0, C1, C2, colourless blender
  • beak/feet - E57, RV99
  • eye - C7, C9, white gel pen
  • berries - R46, R59, white Prismacolour pencil
  • holly - G21, YG09, G07
  • snow - C00, C0, C1, colourless blender
  • background - BV0000
  • outline - BV00
I have added some clear Wink of Stella to the snow and then stamped the sentiment "Merry Christmas" from Let Your Heart Be Light from the wonderful Marcella at Power Poppy in Rich Cocoa Memento ink on to a small Kraft square card from Envelope Solutions. Then adhered the coloured image on to the card

Here is a close-up of the colouring:



I will add this card to the following challenges:
The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #59 - Anything Christmas Goes 
Sweet Stampin' Christmas October Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes with an optional twist of stars
Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog MLCCB #16 - November Anything Christmas Goes
The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up Challenge #59 - Optional Twist: Red and Green

There is inspiration from the rest of the Winter Wonderland DT over on the Winter Wonderland blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card stash.
We all hope that you are able to join us for this challenge. Please remember that it is Christmas Projects only! We look forward to visiting your blogs and seeing your gorgeous Christmas creations. Please be sure to post a link back to the Winter Wonderland blog in your blog post in order to be eligible for a prize!
Have fun and remember that you can enter up to 3 times. This challenge will end on Thursday the 5th of December, 2019.
Please check the Winter Wonderland blog on Monday the 4th of November to find out the winners of the Merry & Bright Challenge.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. This has come together beautifully! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at The Holly & The Ivy. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @ TH&TI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Just wondering if you meant to put your card into the DT CALL at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet bird for a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenge blog.

    Monica- DT
    https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete