Friday 2 April 2021

Mika by SheepSki Designs for Winter Wonderland on the 2nd of April, 2021


At Winter Wonderland this month, we are hosted by Michelle.
Welcome to our fourth challenge for 2021.

Our theme is:

Peace on Earth


So here is my card:


Please remember that it is Christmas projects only and they must include the theme.
"Peace on Earth"

Our sponsor for this challenge is SheepSki Designs:

Living in Leeds, Yorkshire in the UK, working full time as a Management Accountant, currently working on 2 design teams and an obsessive crafter and creator of cards. I have no actual style as yet but do love the unusual and quirky. I may be known for producing cards in soft pastel colours. I love anything arty. I've always drawn stuff, for as long as I can remember. In my younger days I sold a few watercolour paintings. I recently found mixed media which is a joy and love creating canvases with flowers. I had a battle with digital drawing for about a year and finally found some software I could gel with. 

In January 2016 a challenge team I worked on was short of a designer's images to create with so to the crafting world, to the lovely ladies who have supported me on my journey. I've a Facebook group SheepSki Designs where I hold challenges, some for fun to win digis as well as my monthly card challenge. I've a SheepSki Designs challenge blog as well. Things are growing slowly (thankfully) so I still manage to spend at least a little time with my hubby. Welcome to my world Andrea xx


And the prize on offer for the winner is - 3 images of their choice 

I was given Mika for my image, which I digitally printed on to X-Press It blending card and then cut out using my paper cutter.
I have coloured the image with the following Copics markers:
  • skin - E000, E00, E11
  • hair - YR14, YR18, E08, E18
  • dress - V01, V04, V06, V09
  • wings - BG000/B000, B00, BV02, V000, V01, V04, BG05, C1
  • dove - C0, C1, C3, Y17
  • sky - RV00, Y00, G00, BG53, B32, B34, B37, B39, white gel pen
  • outline - V06
I then adhered the coloured image on to a white card from Envelope Solutions.

As usual, I have taken inspiration from the wonderful Monthly Classes and Bonus Classes from the awesome Alyce at Kit and Clowder.

Here is a close-up of the colouring - there is sparkle on the wings, but it is hard to see:


I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
Christmas Crafts All Year 'Round April Challenge - Something that starts with G and/or H - I have a Girl with long Hair!


There is inspiration from the rest of the Winter Wonderland DT over on the Winter Wonderland blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card stash.
We all hope that you are able to join us for this challenge. Please remember that it is Christmas Projects only! We look forward to visiting your blogs and seeing your gorgeous Christmas creations. Please be sure to post a link back to the Winter Wonderland blog in your blog post in order to be eligible for a prize!
Have fun and remember that you can enter up to 3 times. This challenge will end on Thursday the 6th of May, 2021.
Please check the Winter Wonderland blog on Monday the 5th of April to find out the winners of the Trees Challenge.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous yet vibrant peaceful creation. Loving the colours. Love it. Thanks so much for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete