Monday 5 December 2022

A Caroling We Go for Let's Craft and Create Challenge #190 on the 5th of December, 2022

 

For this month's challenge at Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog we have the optional theme of

Inspired by a Song

Here is my card:

During Stamptember at Simon Says Stamp, I bought this cool front door die from StudioLight and I just thought it was perfect for these carolling mice from A Caroling We Go which was released by La-La Land Crafts in November 2019, but is unfortunately no longer available. So I have stamped the mice on to X-Press It Blending Card using my MISTI and Tuxedo Black Memento ink and then coloured with the following Copics markers:
  • mice - N0, N1, N3, N5
  • nose/cheeks - R20, R30
  • teeth - C00
  • jumper/scarf - R24, R27, R39, R59
  • book - G02, G05, G09, Y35
  • bells - Y11, Y13, Y35, Y38
I then die cut the door from green cardstock and Kraft cardstock, the inside of the windows I die cut from a scrap of Little Merry Christmas Paper Pack by La-La Land CraftsI have coloured parts of the door with G19 and Y28 (bell), I then adhered the door together with double sided tape on the back before adhering it to the Kraft card from Envelope Solutions. I then used my E39 to draw boards on the wall (I was going to use bricks, but forgot!) and then W8 for the base board.

The sentiment label was die cut from Kraft card stock using Scalloped Sentiment Labels die set also by La-La Land Crafts. The sentiment from A Caroling We Go Clear Stamp Set was stamped in Elderberry Memento ink and my MISTI.

Here is the door adhered to the card:

and then, I added the "wooden" boards using my E39 Copic marker and the base board using W8:


Here is another photo of the card before adding the sentiment:

Here is a photo of the 4 mice before I fussy cut them:



I found inspiration from the La-La Land Crafts DT and as usual, from the wonderful Alyce at Kit and Clowder and her fantastic monthly classes.


I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
Allsorts Challenge Week 705 - It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"
Crafty Calendar Challenge - December Anything Goes
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #558 - Colour Challenge - hopefully I have enough red!

Let's Craft and Create Challenges are monthly and go live on the 5th of every month and you have until the end of the month to add your creations which can be anything goes plus an optional theme.

There is inspiration from the rest of the Let's Craft and Create DT over on the Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card stash.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment