Friday 5 January 2024

Christmas Gift Boxes for Penny For Your Thoughts (Use a Sentiment) at Let's Craft & Create Challenge on the 5th of January 2024

 

For this month's challenge at Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog, we have the optional theme of

Penny for your Thoughts (Use a Sentiment)

I decided to showcase the little boxes I made for Christmas using a Mini Gift Box tutorial from Irina and La-La Land Crafts products.

So, here are the two boxes I made - I unfortunately did not take a photo in my photo box of the two of them together:


I have used the "leftover" coloured images from my gift tags which used the Warm Holidays Bundle, coloured with Copics - all the details can be found here
I followed Irina's tutorial and used the Gift Card Envelope Die with white card stock and the tree and star die cut from the same set with gold and silver card stock. The paper is Very Merry Paper Pack and I used red card stock for the matting and inside of the boxes - I also used scraps of the Very Merry Paper Pack for the insides and adhered some red card stock to the other side of the box.

The sentiments were stamped with Onyx Black Versafine ink and my MISTI on to white card stock die cut with Stitched Ribbon Die. I then cut the little flag ends!

The sentiment flags and critters were adhered to the top of the box with foam tape.

Here are some photos of the individual boxes, from the top, side and angled:
Deer box:



Dog box:




The inside of the box is big enough for a gift card, but I used one of the Large Stitched Tags Dies to die cut a tag in white card stock - I adhered one of the little gold or silver trees, wrote my message and attached some twine.

I would like to enter this card into a few challenges:
Mix It Up Challenge MIUCB #69 - Anything Goes + Optional Mixed Media
Christmas Kickstart Challenge #82 - The Midas Touch - I have some gold on my little boxes!


Let's Craft and Create Challenges are monthly and go live on the 5th of every month and you have until the end of the month to add your creations which can be anything goes plus an optional theme.

There is inspiration from the rest of the Let's Craft and Create DT over on the Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card stash.

Thanks for looking!
 

4 comments:

  1. Adorable boxes, Lou! Just love the critters and the touches of gold! So glad you shared at Christmas Kickstart!! Linda the Elf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet little boxes, Lou. Very nicely made. Thanks for playing along with Linda and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your box is absolutely adorable! I love your details and such a cute image! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at the MIU Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boxes with those adorable dogs are just so cute. I love them and didn't even realize they were boxes for the first few minutes. I love them and so will whoever receives them. I saw this on CKC and had to come check it out.

    ReplyDelete