Thursday 23 February 2017

Be of Good Cheer with Glittering Glass Santa

Here is another Christmas creation, this time for a challenge that I found called Creative Knockouts. They had a recipe of using 3 patterned papers, two embellishments and 1 image.
So here is my card:


I have used three patterned papers from a paper stack called Twig & Berry by KaiserCraft, one of them was a scalloped die cut from the back. The green background paper and velvety banner paper have been outlined with brushed corduroy Distress Ink, I even "smooshed" some ink on to the edges of the green paper to make it looked distressed.
The papers were adhered to a Kraft card from Envelope Solutions.

The image that I have used is from Power Poppy - Glittering Glass Santa - he is one of my favourites.  He was digitally printed on to X-Press It paper and cut out using my Silhouette Cameo. I have coloured him with the following Copics markers:
  • face - E000, R20
  • jacket - R32, R35, R37
  • gloves - 100
  • greenery/tree - G12, G14, G17
  • berries - R46, R59
  • top of ornament - Y28
  • background - BG000, BG01
  • sparkle - Wink of Stella
Here is a close up of the image:


I also coloured the sentiment piece (again digitally printed on to X-Press It paper and cut out using my Silhouette Cameo), using the following Copics markers:
  • berries - R46, R59, clear Wink of Stella
  • branch - E09, brown Wink of Stella
  • background - E81, E84, E87
For my two embellishments, I have added some brown and white Baker's twine to the banner paper and then coloured three Rhinestones from KaiserCraft with R59.


I have also used the sketch from Mojo Mondays:

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
CraftyHazelnuts Christmas Challenge #321 - anything Christmas and something green

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely christmas card - very festive. Thanks for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for February and apologies for the late comment.

    ReplyDelete