Wednesday 15 February 2017

It's Your Birthday Genie Marci Card

Well I have been busy with job interviews, cleaning our house and organising a birthday party for someone special. 
I can't believe that 10 years ago, I went to the hospital in Garmisch-Partenkirchen for a "check up" after not feeling very well the whole day and was told that I was 10 cms dilated and 2 hours later I had a baby girl in my arms! :) 
Time has definitely flown and on Sunday we had an archery party with 7 of Aby's friends - huge thank yous to my mum Julie who did a lot of the prep work at the party place. 
I baked a couple of cakes which looked awesome and layered them together with black butter cream before placing an edible image that I created of a bulls eye with an arrow and "Happy 10th Birthday Abigayle". I also made stickers to place on the party bags and all over the table cloth.





Yesterday I mashed up the leftover birthday cake with the tops of the cake that I kept and made cake pops. Aby took them to school today to enjoy with her class mates. I meant to use the leftover party stickers to place on the sticks, but at 1 am this morning, my head was not screwed on properly! The cake pops were a hit with Aby's classmates and teachers! :)


So enough about the cake and party! I made a card for Aby's birthday using the sketch from CAS(E) this sketch:


I also wanted to use Genie Marci, a La-La Land Craft Club image that I have not used before. I coloured Genie Marci using inspiration from Sandie at The Paper Cove. I used the Copics pens as listed in this picture (hopefully you can all read my writing!):


I had to fussy cut the image and as you can see I have had a bit of an accident with other ink! I was a bit clumsy today!

For the rest of the card, I used washi tape to mark off my rectangle of paper on my card, stamped the sentiment "It's your birthday" from the January 2017 Club La-La Land kit using Vivid! Ultramarine ink. I also used the cupcake from the same kit and stamped it using Vivid! Purple ink and Vivid! Raspberry ink:



So then here is my completed card, after I have adhered Genie Marci using foam squares:




Hopefully you can see all the glittery bits I added to her hair and outfit!

Thanks for looking!








1 comment: