Sunday 3 July 2022

Making Memories by Joy Clair Designs for Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #185 on the 3rd of July, 2022

 

Hi All!
Welcome to my post about my card for challenge #185, the 3rd of July 2022 challenge for the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. I'm writing this on Saturday night and we are just back from my daughter's dance concert, although we had to wait nearly two hours before we saw her - she was performing in the last dance and the finale!

Anyway, here is my completed card:

Here is a angled view so you can see the dimension:

Our sponsor for this challenge is:


I chose to print two of the bears from Making Memories as well as one of the sentiments. I have digitally printed the images on to X-Press It Blending card and then coloured with the following Copics markers:
  • bears - C00, C0, C1, C3, R20
  • turquoise/teal - BG11, BG13, B15, BG18
  • blue - B93, B95, B97, B99
  • antlers - E70, E71, E74
  • outline of sentiment - BG15
I have fussy cut out the coloured images and then was looking around at incomplete projects and found a shadow box card that I was going to use for Christmas last year - I have a variation of it here.

Just looking back through my photos and there is not any of this process! Surprising for me!
Anyway, I think I have inked a square of white card stock with Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink, then stamped the square Winter Whimsy Background stamp by La-La Land Crafts with Versamark ink before sprinkling with some glittery white embossing powder from my stash and heat embossing!
I created the shadow box card using the same technique as in the post here, but used white textured card stock for the card and silver paper for the inside.

The sentiment was outlined in black glitter pen, then die cut with one of the flags from Long Flags die set by La-La Land Crafts. The blue snowflake paper on the inside is from the Blue Christmas Paper Pack by La-La Land Crafts.

As usual, I have taken inspiration from the wonderful Alyce at Kit and Clowder and her fantastic monthly classes and bonus classes.

Here is a photo of the inside:

Here are some photos of the layout before adhering:


Here is another photo of the completed card from the top:

Here is a photo close-up of the colouring of the bears before they were fussy cut:


There is inspiration from the rest of the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends DT over on the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card or gift stash.

We all hope that you are able to join us for this challenge. We look forward to visiting your blogs and seeing your gorgeous "always anything goes" creations. Please ensure that you are a follower of the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge blog to be eligible for a prize!
Have fun! This challenge will end on Saturday the 16th of July, 2022. Please check the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge blog on Sunday 3rd of July, 2022 to find out the winners of Challenge #184.

I would like to enter this card into a few challenges:
Crafting Happiness Challenge #125 - June Anything Goes
The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up #90 - Anything Christmas Goes
Christmas Crafts All Year 'Round July - Christmas with Snowflakes


Thanks for looking!
                                 

2 comments:

  1. Sweet card!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Thanks for playing along at Crafting Happiness Challenges. We are now a weekly challenge blog with themed challenges. Come play this week. I'd love to see more of your crafting projects. Hugs!
    Janis

    ReplyDelete