Wednesday 5 January 2022

Something New for Let's Craft and Create Challenge #179 on the 5th of January, 2022

 

For this month's challenge at Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog we have the optional theme of

SOMETHING NEW

So that can mean New Year, new house, new baby etc.

I was playing around with shadow box cards for Christmas cards this year, but sort of ran out of time! I completed one for my sister's partner, but the rest of them I will have to use for something else - I decided to use one of them for my New Year card!

So here is the front of my card photographed inside at night and then outside in the sun:


Here are some photos of the inside of the card, taken inside and outside:


I have used a bunch of dies all from the wonderful Irina at La-La Land Crafts. I have created a shadow box for the front of the card using the shadow box die and kraft cardstock. 
I have followed Vicki Poulton's tutorial on YouTube for all the dimensions and then drawn some inspiration from all the Christmas Tutorials that were posted for the La-La Land Crafts 24 Days of Tutorials.

For the shadow box inlay, I have inked a square of white cardstock with twisted citron and salty ocean Distress Oxide inks. I have then die cut the winter hill border die and the double stitched hills border die from white cardstock and adhered them over the inked square. I also placed a small square of gold paper behind the windows of the house.

For the inside of the card, I have cut a square of white cardstock to cover the underside of the shadow box and adhered a square of snowflake paper from the Blue Christmas paper pack. On the other side, I die cut a square from white cardstock and the largest of the Nesting Squares decorative dies from KaiserCraft (but it looks like these are now discontinued). Then I decorated the corner with the stitched trees die, cut out of gold paper, then I have added the sentiment from Happiest of Holidays Clear Stamp Set which I have stamped in Nautical Blue Memento ink using my MISTI.

Here are some photos taken from either side:



As I mentioned earlier, I have taken inspiration from the wonderful Irina and the awesome La-La Land Crafts Design Team.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:

Shopping Our Stash SOS461 - Something Beginning with letter S - snow, snowflakes, stitched trees die, salty ocean distress ink, shadow box


Let's Craft and Create Challenges are monthly and go live on the 5th of every month and you have until the end of the month to add your creations which can be anything goes plus an optional theme.

There is inspiration from the rest of the Let's Craft and Create DT over on the Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card stash.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. S is for snow!! Creative shadowbox card!! Thanks for playing along with our "something that begins with S" challenge over at SOS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the ink-blended sky ... so glad you shared your *S* creation with us at Shopping Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible box card!! Great design. Thanks for joining us at LTCCB
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete