Monday 5 June 2023

Hip to be Square Challenge #196 at Let's Craft and Create Challenge for the 5th of June, 2023


For this month's challenge at 
Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog we have the optional theme of

Hip to be Square

I have been doing a heap of travelling for work and have not had much time for crafting, but I just finished the Folio Explosion Box that is one of the Virtual Classes by Martha on La-La Land Crafts and it is very square and hip!! :)

So here is my project:


For all the Virtual Classes on La-La Land Crafts there is a list of all the products that you need from La-La Land Crafts, as well as all the cardstock and measurements in a Facebook group. Martha and Irina are always there to answer any questions. This was actually the first virtual class and uses the Honey Bear Clear Stamp Set, the Awakening Paper Pack and a bunch of dies, background stamps and stencil. 

I have stamped the three bears from the Honey Bear Clear Stamp Set from La-La Land Crafts using my MISTI and Tuxedo Black Memento ink on to X-Press It Blending card and then coloured with the Copic inks listed in the FaceBook group. I have pretty much followed the directions from Martha for construction, but I don't have the Camera Die for the heart on the front of the shadow box, instead I have used the heart from the Coffee Pot Die and the Heart Garland Die - I actually cut off the two outside hearts from the garland and then attached them above the heart from the Coffee Pot.

Here is a close-up photo of the shadow box front:

Then here are some photos of the pages inside the box:







Here is a photo of the bears close up:

The whole box was so much fun to make - I definitely learnt a lot and will use some of the pages for my card making! I have pretty much purchased all the Virtual Classes from La-La Land Crafts, as well we just had a Wonderland Colour & Create Workshop. So now I need to decide what to do next!  


I would like to enter this project into a few challenges:
Critter Crazy Challenge #75 - Anything Goes with a Featured Critter

Let's Craft and Create Challenges are monthly and go live on the 5th of every month and you have until the end of the month to add your creations which can be anything goes plus an optional theme.

There is inspiration from the rest of the Let's Craft and Create DT over on the Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card stash.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow!! What an amazing project!! So much love and time went into this. The images are adorable and I love the beautiful color combo! Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete