Saturday 1 July 2023

Challenge 51 for Merry Little Christmas Challenge on the 1st of July, 2023


For challenge #51 for July/August 2023 of the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog I chose to use some of my La-La Land Crafts stash. I sent the photo to Leslie, but then realised that it needed a bit extra! So I have added a few things since I sent the photo :)


Here is the original photo of the card:


I stamped the Gingerbread Men from Gingerbread Wishes on to X-Press It Blending card and then coloured with the following Copics:
  • gingerbread - E11, E13, E15, E17, E18
  • red - R20, R22, R24, R39
  • white - 0, N0, N2, N4
  • buttons - BG11, BG13, BG18
  • green - YG21, YG03, YG17, YG67
I also used a white gel pen and fussy cut the Gingerbread Men. Then die cut the Ski Lodge die from Kraft cardstock. I removed the windows and coloured them with Y15 and the window frames with R39, then I ensured they would not fall out by adhering double sided tape to the back. 

I originally die cut the Fence on a Hill die from the November 2020 Club La-La Land Crafts kit with Kraft cardstock, but on reflection, I wanted a little pop! So later I die cut it from white cardstock. I also die cut a little hill for the house to sit on from white cardstock using the Snowbanks die from the same Club kit.
For the sentiment, I die cut one of the flags from the Long Flags die from white cardstock and stamped the sentiment from Gingerbread Wishes using Versafine Onyx Black ink and my MISTI.

Then as there was an empty space and it lacked a bit of sparkle - as I mentioned above, I have die cut the fence out of white cardstock and added nuvo glitter drops in White Blizzard to the ski lodge (I need to find something in my stash that looks like snow, I know I have something!). I also then die cut the cloud and moon with star using the Crescent Moon die and some gold paper.

To make the card, I have cut, outlined with B26 and attached a piece of paper from Starry Night Paper Pack on to a white square card from Envelope Solutions. Then I adhered the snowbank, fence, ski lodge, cloud and moon with glue. The sentiment and Gingerbread Men are adhered with foam tape.

Here is a close up of the Gingerbread Men after they were fussy cut and before they were attached to the card:

As usual, I have taken inspiration from the wonderful Alyce from Kit and Clowder and her Kit and Clowder Monthly Colouring Classes, as well as the awesome La-La Land Crafts DT.

There is inspiration from the rest of the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog DT over on the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card or gift stash.

We all hope that you are able to join us for this challenge. We look forward to visiting your blogs and seeing your gorgeous "always anything Christmas goes" creations. Please ensure that you are a follower of the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog!

Have fun! This challenge will end on the 15th of August, 2023. Please check the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog to find out the winners of Challenge #50.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Crafting Happiness #144 - Anything Goes
Mix It Up Challenge MIUCB #66 - Anything Goes with the option of Aperture
The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up #102 - Anything Goes Christmas

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute and fun scene. Thank you for joining The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge. Anita DT

    ReplyDelete