Monday 5 February 2024

Bear Hug by The Paper Shelter for Little Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #223 on the 4th of February 2024

 

Hi All!
Welcome to my post about my card for challenge #223, the 4th of February 2024 challenge for the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog.

Here is my card:


Our sponsor for this challenge is The Paper Shelter:

Deanne chose Bear Hug, which I have digitally printed the main image on to X-Press It Blending card and then coloured with the following Copics markers:
  • bear on left - E41, E42, E44, E47, RV00, RV02, clear Wink of Stella
  • top and pants - B93, B95, B97, B99
  • bear on right - E33, E35, E37, RV00, RV02, clear Wink of Stella
  • dress and bow - RV00, RV02, RV04, RV06, clear Wink of Stella
  • arrows - R24, R27
  • cupid bear - C0, C1, C3, B000 (wing), clear Wink of Stella
  • hearts - R24, R27, clear Wink of Stella
  • bench - E11, E13, E15, E18
  • grounding - BV000, BV00, BV01
  • sky - BG0000, BG000, BG10
  • outline - BV02
I cut the coloured image with my paper cutter and then adhered it to a white card from Envelope Solutions.

Here is a photo of the coloured image close up, showing a bit of the sparkle:

There was room for a sentiment, but I wasn't really sure what to use out of my stash, but then I remembered that there were plenty of bears in Club La-La Land Crafts - so I found "Bear Hugs enclosed" in the November 2020 Club La-La Land Crafts kit. I have stamped it in the top corner with my MISTI and Nautical Blue Memento ink.

So, here is a final photo with the sentiment stamped:


As usual, I have taken inspiration from the wonderful Alyce at Kit and Clowder and her fantastic monthly classes and bonus classes.

There is inspiration from the rest of the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends DT over on the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card or gift stash.

We all hope that you are able to join us for this challenge. We look forward to visiting your blogs and seeing your gorgeous "always anything goes" creations. Please ensure that you are a follower of the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge blog to be eligible for a prize!
Have fun! This challenge will end on Saturday the 17th of February, 2024. Please check the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge blog on Sunday 4th of February, 2024 to find out the winners of Challenge #222.

I would like to enter this card into a few challenges:
Classic Design Challenge #01-2024 Jan/Feb - Anything Goes with Optional Twist: Blue and White
Crafty Calendar Challenge - February "Add a Heart"
Mix It Up Challenge MIUCB #69 - Anything Goes + Optional Mixed Media

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet card, I love the cute little Cupid bear. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete