Monday 5 February 2024

Polka Dots and/or Stripes for Let's Craft and Create Challenge #204 for 5th of February 2024

 

For this month's challenge at Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog, we have the optional theme of

Polka Dots and/or Stripes

I decided to do something quick and easy using La-La Land Crafts products.

So, here is my card:

It was very simple to make - I found some polka dot paper within the Colour Me Happy Paper Pack and cut it to the size of my white square card from Envelope Solutions.
Then I die cut the background of the Layered Enjoy Die in green cardstock and the word in another of the papers from Colour Me Happy Paper Pack. I adhered the word to the background with glue, then adhered it with foam tape to make it pop.

I was going to leave it like that! It was so simple and effective!

But, then I wanted to use a new die from Irina, Martha and Tamara's latest Colour & Create Workshop - the new Pop Fold die. I originally used some green cardstock and white squares, but then realised that it wasn't going to fit in my smaller square card. So I then diec cut the second largest of the Scalloped Rectangles Dies in blue cardstock and the second or third largest of the Double Stitched Rectangles Dies (whichever one fit within the scalloped rectangle!) in white cardstock. I scored both in half and then stamped sentiments from the new Happy Birthday Clear Stamp Set in Nautical Blue, Bahama Blue and Elderberry Memento ink using my MISTI. 

So here are some photos of the inside of the card:



Here is another photo of the front of the card:

I would like to enter this card into a few challenges:
Classic Design Challenge #01-2024 Jan/Feb - Anything Goes with the Optional Twist : Blue and White
Let's Craft and Create Challenges are monthly and go live on the 5th of every month and you have until the end of the month to add your creations which can be anything goes plus an optional theme.

There is inspiration from the rest of the Let's Craft and Create DT over on the Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card stash.

Thanks for looking!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment