Friday 2 February 2024

Crazy Birds for Card Chain Challenge for January 2024

 

I am a little late today - work has been crazy and we are just getting back into routine after the kids, well teenagers have gone back to school this week. My eldest is in year 12 this year and my youngest in year 9.

Anyway, I signed up again for the Card Chain Challenge! Essentially you sign up and make a card that you send to the person before you in the sign up and the person that signed up after you, sends you a card!

For January 2024, I made a card to send to one of our awesome Card Chain Challenge organisers, Gail in Norway - this is wh
at I sent her:

Here are the options that we had to make the card:

Colour Palette Option:

Sketch Option:

Theme Options: Mythical Creatures / Birds / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Paint or Ink / Splatters

I have used the theme options of Birds and Friendship and sort of the sketch. I have also used ink - both Copics Alcohol markers and Distress inks. Unless indicated all the products are from La-La Land Crafts.

I already had stamped the bird images from Birds of a Feather Clear Stamp Set on to X-Press It Blending card with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, I coloured two of the four images and fussy cut them!
Apparently this is one of Irina's favourite stamp sets and she decided to showcase them in a card for the her most recent Birthday Colour & Create Workshop. I started colouring the toucan beaks using some colours from the wonderful La-La Land Crafts DT, but then used the colours that Irina used in the workshop!

So, I have coloured the images with the following Copics markers:
  • cockatoo - C1, C3, C5, C7, C9, BG15, YR23, YR18, white gel pen
  • toucan beak - Y11, Y15, Y23, YR23, YR24, YR18, C7, C9, white gel pen
I fussy cut the birds, then die cut the Tropical Sunset Circle from the July 2023 Kit of The Month and coloured it with the following Copics markers:
  • trees - YG00, YG03, YG23, G28, E23, E25, E27
  • sand - E50, E53, E55
  • sun - Y11, Y13, Y15, Y18
  • sunlight in the middle of the water - Y11, Y13, Y15
  • sunlight on the side - Y11, BG32
  • water - BG45, BG57
  • sky - BG000, BG11, BG15
I die cut a circle the same size from either Double Stitched Circles Die or Stitched Nested Circles Die, (I can't remember which!) then adhered all the coloured parts of the Tropical Sunset Circle.

I die cut the Tropical Leaves Die with green checked paper from Colour Me Happy Paper Pack. I also die cut the second smallest rectangle from the Double Stitched Rectangles Die in white card stock twice. 
I then used Pine Needle and Crushed Olives Distress Ink and stamped the two leaves from Birds of a Feather Clear Stamp Set on to the two rectangles. 

I stamped the two sentiments from Birds of a Feather Clear Stamp Set using my MISTI and Versafine Onyx Black ink on to the die cut and stamped rectangles.

To put my card together:
I cut the rainbow paper from Colour Me Happy Paper Pack and adhered it to the front of a white card from Envelope Solutions. I then adhered the coloured Tropical Sunset Circle with silicon puffy tape. I adhered the leaves with glue, stamped rectangle with foam tape and the cockatoo with glue to the front of the card. For the inside, I glued the leaves, stamped rectangle and toucan to the inside.

Here is a photo of the front before the leaves, rectangle and cockatoo were added, showing the beautiful rainbow paper:

Here is a photo of the inside of the card:

Here are some photos of the images before fussy cutting:



Here are also some photos of the card flat:


As usual, I found inspiration for the colouring from the wonderful Alyce at Kit and Clowder and her fantastic monthly classes, as well as the awesome Irina and the La-La Land Crafts DT.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
Classic Design Challenge #01-2024 Jan/Feb - Anything Goes with Optional Twist: Blue and White
Mix It Up Challenge MIUCB #69 - Anything Goes + optional Mixed Media
Dream Valley Challenge #308 - 2 or More Papers - I used one on the front and then another for the leaves!
Critter Crazy Challenge #83 - Anything Goes with a Featured Critter - I have two birds!

I hope that Gail likes her card, I was wanting to do an interactive pop up on the inside, but the die did not arrive in time, however I have sent Gail some extras! :)

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. What a fun and colorful card, so beautifully done inside and out! I'm sure Gail was thrilled to receive it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card - the sentiment made me laugh! Nice to see decoration inside the card as well!
    Thank you so much for participating with us over at Dream Valley!
    Sharon – Dream Valley Challenge Designer
    http://glittertastic.blogspot.com/ - Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful layering of die cuts and images - beautiful coloring on your birds too! - I'm sure Gail loves this summery card as I think she is having a lot of snow right now! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't possible imagine that Gail wouldn't like this beauty. It is so bright and happy. I love the central image and those die cuts. So much detail, it must have taken you ages. Hope life settles down for you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think everyone in the Northern hemisphere would love this card - sunny days under the palm trees... ahhhh. Wonderful card. Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning bird and scene, Lou - love this!! Really made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How colourful with that crazy cockatoo, I like that you carried it over to the inside as well. So glad you shared your cockatoo with us at Critter Crazy, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a beautiful scene! Sure wish to be there! I love that adorable bird and your colors are so lovely! Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration with us at the Mix It Up Challenge!

    ReplyDelete