Wednesday 8 June 2016

Snowflakes - Winter Wonderland Challenge for 3rd of June, 2016 - again, better late than never!

Well, I am late again this week - work has been so busy and I have been coming home and just falling asleep, so no time for even thinking about a card!

The challenge for this week at Winter Wonderland chosen by Cindy is SNOWFLAKES

I love snow, you can probably tell that by my signature! Also I did not grow up around snow, being from Adelaide, South Australia, I have just experienced the magic of snow when I lived in the States and Germany for about 12 years. So this challenge is right up my alley. 

I have had this "Winter Snowflake Lace" designer stencil from Memory Box for ages so I have used that on the background of my card from Envelope Solutions, dabbing Summer Sky Memento ink.

I then coloured one of my favourite La-La Land Craft stamps - Snowflake Garland Marci - I love her hair and dress! I have the digi stamp which was printed on to X-Press It card and then cut using my Silhouette Cameo. I used the following Copics pens:

  • skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
  • hair: E53, E35, E47
  • dress, boots and hair ribbons: BV0000, BV02, BV04, BV08
  • background: B000, B00
I coloured her lips with dark pink Wink of Stella and highlighted the frills of her boots and dress with clear Wink of Stella. The snowflake garland is coloured with silver Wink of Stella.

The background of the "Merry Christmas" sentiment is also coloured with B000 and B00.

Here is my card:


To be in with a chance of winning a prize, remember that it is Christmas projects only.

This week our wonderful sponsors are:
Little Claire, who are offering the winner their choice of 6 images




and Drawn with Character, who have a prize of a 10 pound voucher



There is inspiration from the Snowflakes DT on the Winter Wonderland blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) Also you can find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you ideas......something that I need to find time to do!

Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment