Saturday 7 May 2022

Tag! You're It for Let's Craft and Create Challenge #183 on the 5th of May, 2022


I am late for this month's challenge as I have been travelling for work all week and was very tired when I finally arrived home and not enough focus to sit in front of my computer to finish this post. So it is now the 7th of May, which is my little boy's 13th birthday! Thankfully I was organised enough to send the photos to Sherry and I was going to finish the post when I was away, but too much work!

Anyway.....for this month's challenge at Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog we have the optional theme of

TAG! You're It
(Use a tag)

I have been wanting to use Gamer Luka from La-La Land Crafts since he was released in February as he is just like my little boy and I wanted to make a gift card tag using dies from La-La Land Crafts.

So this is what I made:

Here is another photo with the tag leaning against something in my Shotbox:


I also took a photo with the tag laying flat and taking the photo from the bottom, then you can see all the sentiment:

The image Gamer Luka was stamped on to X-Press It Blending card using my MISTI and Tuxedo Black Memento ink and then coloured with the following Copics markers:
  • skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20, 100, white gel pen
  • hair - E23, E25, E27, YR24
  • green hat - G02, G05, G17, colourless blender on a piece of nappy to give it a textured look
  • yellow t-shirt - Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, white gel pen
  • blue pants - B93, B95, B97, B99
  • shoes - C1, C3, C5, R24, R46, R89
  • controller - C3, C5, R46
Here are some close up photos of Luka:


To make the tag I have used a few dies from La-La Land Crafts. I have die cut twice from white cardstock the largest tag of the Large Stitched Tags using my new Big Shot Machine, then I adhered the two tags together back to back. 

From one of the papers from the Note to Self Paper Pack I die cut the Right Pocket and the insert. I have adhered them together and then attached to the front of the tag using a gift card to ensure that there is enough room.

I have stamped on to the bottom of the tag the sentiment from Gamer Luka using my MISTI and Nautical Blue Memento ink - I love the font that Irina has used!

I fussy cut Luka and then adhered him using a few glue dots on to the right side of the pocket

As usual, I have taken inspiration from the awesome Irina and the La-La Land Crafts Design Team and the wonderful Monthly Classes and Bonus Classes from the awesome Alyce at Kit and Clowder.

Christofer, the birthday boy has been eyeing off the tag - so I need to find a gift card to place in there that actually has some money on it!

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:

Let's Craft and Create Challenges are monthly and go live on the 5th of every month and you have until the end of the month to add your creations which can be anything goes plus an optional theme.

There is inspiration from the rest of the Let's Craft and Create DT over on the Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card stash.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment