Monday, 5 October 2026

The Colours of Fall/Autumn for Let's Craft and Create Challenge #236 on the 5th of October, 2026


Hi All!
It was a very crazy busy end of the month for work, as it was the end of the quarter! And Wintery, rainy weather is still around, although we had a 30 degree (Celsius) day earlier this week! Wish it would just warm up a little! 
Anyway, for this month's challenge at
Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog, we have the optional theme of

The Colours of Fall/Autumn - use any or all of these colours - red, yellow, orange, brown

As I have been so busy at work, this was the perfect time and theme to finally show a card that I made last year, which was a combination of two Halloween card classes from La-La Land Crafts. So, here is my card from a few angles, showing the front and the inside:



Then, I also made a video of opening and closing the card so you can see everything move (hopefully it works!):

For this card, I used the ghosts from the Halloween Cards Class of 2024 and the card design from the Halloween Cards Class of 2025! This is Irina's design and all the products used on this project are already in the La-La Land Crafts Shop, so the products are:

The Ghosts were stamped on to X-Press It Blending Card with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and coloured with the following Copics and PrismaColour Pencils: 
  • Copics - C1, C3, C5, B20, W3, W5, W7, W9, YG23, YG85, Y21, Y23
  • PrismaColour Pencils - PC118 Cadmium Orange Hue, PC916 Canary Yellow, PC935 Black, PC943 Burnt Ochre
Here is a photo close up of the ghosts after they were coloured and fussy cut:

I followed Irina's instructions for the card, but added the ghosts instead of the crows and I used Fossilised Amber Distress Oxide on the Spooky Tree instead of the Tombstones. It looks like I used Nautical Blue Memento ink for stamping the sentiments. The interactive mechanism inside the card is now actually a die - Swivel Hinge Die.

I would like to enter this card into a few challenges:
   
Let's Craft and Create Challenges are monthly and go live on the 5th of every month and you have until the end of the month to add your creations which can be anything goes plus an optional theme.

There is inspiration from the rest of the Let's Craft and Create DT over on the Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card stash.

Thanks for looking!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment