Friday 1 May 2020

Christmas Robins for Winter Wonderland May Challenge


At Winter Wonderland this month, we are hosted by Helen!
Welcome to our fifth challenge for 2020.

Our theme is:

Your FAVOURITE COLOUR COMBINATION

So here is my card:


Please remember that it is Christmas projects only and they must include the theme.

Our wonderful sponsor is:
All Dressed Up

Hi, my names Wendy, founder of All Dressed Up. I live in Nottingham UK with my husband and two children (my inspiration behind the characters) - in particular, my daughter who has kept me up-to-date with trends and all things digital.
 Day to day, I work as a textile designer working traditionally within children's wear, fashion and interiors. Although my work is mostly digital, my work process remains hand-drawn which I hope comes across in my artwork.
All Dressed Up was created in 2013 as a place to share my digital stamps which back then was a whole new challenge for me. Since, Ive been lucky to have discovered a whole creative community and welcomed the All Dressed Up design team who have been amazing to work with. Through our online community and Instagram, the team keep me on my toes to keep on drawing, creating and inspiring. My favourite thing is seeing how my characters are continually given brand new personalities!
On our Facebook and Instagram page we host regular tutorials, challenges (and freebies!) and is the real heart of our community. The stamps are available from the All Dressed Up Etsy shop which is continually updated on a monthly basis with lots of limited edition and seasonal stamps available in particular.
The All Dressed Up community is a friendly bunch (if I do say so myself!) and we would love for you to get involved, see your work and for you to share your stamping tips too! Do get in contact and be sure to visit our Facebook and Instagram pages to see what were creating at the moment.


I chose Christmas Robins for my image, which I digitally printed on to X-Press It blending card and then cut out using my paper cutter. 
I actually tried to colour the birds as cardinals, but the black on the belly ended up a bit dark - next time I think I will start with lighter colours.
I have coloured the image with the following Copics markers:
  • beak - YR12, YR15, YR18, E35
  • birds - R22, R24, R27, R29, R59, W5, C5, C7, 100
  • hats - G02, G05, G07
  • Merry - G02, G05, G07, G09
  • star - YR24, Y28
I then adhered the coloured image on to a white card from Envelope Solutions.
As usual, I have taken inspiration from the wonderful Monthly Classes and Bonus Classes from the awesome Alyce at Kit and Clowder.

Here is a close-up of the colouring:

I will add this card to the following challenges:
2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge #38 - May Anything Goes as long as there is a critter or two! I have two little birdies!! 
Christmas with the Cuties #37 - Anything Christmas Goes with the theme Red and Green
Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #70 - Anything Christmas Goes


There is inspiration from the rest of the Winter Wonderland DT over on the Winter Wonderland blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card stash.
We all hope that you are able to join us for this challenge. Please remember that it is Christmas Projects only! We look forward to visiting your blogs and seeing your gorgeous Christmas creations. Please be sure to post a link back to the Winter Wonderland blog in your blog post in order to be eligible for a prize!
Have fun and remember that you can enter up to 3 times. This challenge will end on Thursday the 4th of June, 2020.
Please check the Winter Wonderland blog on Monday the 4th of May to find out the winners of Angels/Anything with Wings Challenge.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Hi this is a gorgeous Christmas card. I love how you have coloured the cute robins, Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such adorable little winter critters, Lou! Love your colors but, then, I'm drawn to traditional Christmas. :-D Thanks so much for playing along with us this month in our "Anything Goes with a Critter" challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. Good luck and please come play again.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birds have so much texture, and your card is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Christmas with the Cuties! :)

    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing with us at Christmas with the Cuties. Shona xx

    ReplyDelete