Friday 5 July 2024

Add Buttons for Let's Craft and Create Challenge #209 on the 5th of July 2024

 

For this month's challenge at Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog, we have the optional theme of

Add Buttons

I again decided to do something quick and easy using La-La Land Crafts products, as I have been working quite a bit (end of FY here)!

So, here is my card:

I stamped the hedgehogs from the Sew Happy Clear Stamp Set which is part of the May 2024 Kit of the Month from La-La Land Crafts in Tuxedo Black ink on to X-Press It Blending Card. I then coloured them using the following Copics inks:
  • brownish hedgehog - E00, E01, E02, E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49, R20, 100, white gel pen
  • reddish hedgehog - E00, E01, E02, E30, E31, E33, E34, E35, E37, E39, R20, 100, white gel pen
  • pink (bow/quilt square) - RV11, RV13, RV14
  • yellow (material/quilt square) - Y11, Y13, Y15
  • purple (material/quilt square) - V01, V04, V06
I fussy cut them and then decided to just use the two above. But now I have two for another project!

For the card, I have used a Kraft square card from Envelope Solutions.

I die cut the Double Stitched Arches Die once in one of the pieces of Celebrate Paper Pack, then 4 times in white card stock. I adhered the inside arch to the bottom and then added an arch layer as it went towards the outside - so I have a dimensional effect! I then adhered the whole arch to the card. 

I die cut buttons from the Quilt Die also part of the May 2024 Kit of the Month from La-La Land Crafts using another piece of Celebrate Paper Pack. I also die cut the sewing machine from the June 2018 Club La-La Land Crafts in gold card stock, as well as the dress form from the same kit. I die cut the dress from the same kit in Celebrate Paper Pack, as well as the button border die from the February 2015 Club La-La Land Crafts.

I adhered the sewing machine to the arch, the dress to the dress form, the button border and an array of buttons down the bottom. I used foam tape to adhered the hedgehogs and then Art Glitter glue and White Blizzard Nuvo Glitter Drops for the buttons and button border.

I have die cut the Scalloped Sentiment Labels Die from white card stock and then stamped the sentiment from Sew Happy Clear Stamp Set using Nautical Blue Memento ink and my MISTI. Then I adhered the label with Art Glitter glue on to the card.

Here is a close up of the hedgehogs:


Here is another photo of the finished card:

I would like to enter this card into a few challenges:
Let's Craft and Create Challenges are monthly and go live on the 5th of every month and you have until the end of the month to add your creations which can be anything goes plus an optional theme.

There is inspiration from the rest of the Let's Craft and Create DT over on the Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card stash.

Thanks for looking!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment