Monday 1 February 2021

Good Fortune for Love to Craft Challenge Blog LTCCB #55 for February 2021


I am now a member of the Love to Craft Challenge Blog Design Team, which is way cool as I can use everything that I have been collecting and stuff out of my stash that I have never used before! 
Love to Craft Challenge Blog challenges are monthly, going live at 4:00 AM Mountain Time (which is 9:30 pm here in Adelaide, SA) on the first day of every month and run until 4:00 PM Mountain Time (9:30 am here in Adelaide, SA) on the last day of the month. We always play Anything Goes! So please come over to the blog and join in the fun! :)

So this is my first challenge and as I have been collecting a whole bunch of stamps and dies from La-La Land Crafts, I have decided to try and use them all! So I have chosen parts of the September 2020 release that I received in the Summer Box from last year. I used the Good Fortune Clear Stamp Set, the Asian Landscape Border Die, the Flying Cranes Die and the Asian Fusion Paper Pack.

Anyway, here is my card:


I have stamped three of the images from Good Fortune using Black Tuxedo Memento ink on X-Press It Blending Card.
Then I have coloured with the following Copics pens:
  • skin - E000, E00, E21, E11
  • hair - W5, W7, W9
  • reds - R32, R35, R37, R39
  • yellows - Y21, Y23, Y26
  • greys - N0, N1, N3, N5, N7
  • dragon - R05, R17, R27, R59, YG00, YG11, YG13, YR23, YR24, YR27, white gel pen
  • outline - C1, C3
I fussy cut out the images and then wrote Happy New Year in Japanese in black glitter pen on the scroll.
I stamped two of the sentiments from the Good Fortune set using Love Letter Memento ink and my MISTI on to a white slimline card from Envelope Solutions. Then adhered a piece of one of the papers from Asian Fusion Paper Pack which I outlined in R39. I have die cut the Asian Landscape Border and the Flying Cranes from scrap card stock in my stash, then adhered everything to the card using both double-sided tape and glue.

I have taken inspiration for the colouring from La-Land Crafts Blog - especially Cristena on Day 2 of the Showcase for the dragon and Cheryl on Day 5 of the Showcase for the clothing colours.

I actually stamped all four images from the Good Fortune set - but the girl with the lamp didn't fit on the card! So look out for another card in the future!

Here is a close-up of the colouring:




There is inspiration from the rest of the Love to Craft Challenge Blog DT over on the Love to Craft Challenge Blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card or gift stash.

We all hope that you are able to join us for this challenge. We look forward to visiting your blogs and seeing your gorgeous "always anything goes" creations. Please ensure that you are a follower of the Love to Craft Challenge Blog!

Have fun! This challenge will end on Sunday the 31st of January, 2021. Please check the Love to Craft Challenge Blog around the 5th of February to find out the winners of Challenge #54 -  I actually entered this challenge!! :)

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Super card. Love the images and your design. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Judy McKay DT TTCRD
    In Search of My Creative Side

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool project - This is just fabulous. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and I love your coloring! Welcome to the Love To Craft Challenge Blog design team

    ReplyDelete