Sunday 1 January 2023

By The Pool for Love to Craft Challenge #72 for January/February 2023

 

For challenge #72 for Jan/Feb 2023 of the Love to Craft Challenge Blog I decided to keep it simple and use the same card design as I used for my Merry Little Christmas Challenge card and images that I have been wanting to use for a while from La-La Land Crafts. So I have used some dies from my La-La Land Crafts stash and made a double shadow box card which is the Day 5 tutorial by the wonderful Irina at La-La Land Crafts last year, well the year before last now - 2021!!

Here is my card for this month:


I have stamped the three critters from Sunshiny Day Clear Stamp Set from the wonderful Irina at La-La Land Crafts on to X-Press It Blending card using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and then coloured with the following Copics markers:
  • hippo - E40, E41, E43, E44, R30, C00, C0, C1
  • hippo's towel - C00, C1, C3
  • hippo's bathers - R24, R27, R46, R59
  • hippo's snorkel and mask - B14, B16, B18, B00
  • rhino - W0, W1, W2, W3, W5, C0, C1
  • rhino's bathers - B14, B16, B18
  • rhino's drink - B000, B00, B01
  • rhino's floating ring - Y32, Y35, Y38, YR16
  • elephant - C00, C0, C1, C2, R000, R00, R30, W0, W1
  • elephant's bathers - Y32, Y35, Y38
  • elephant's bottle - W1, W2, BG00, BV00
  • elephant's bubble wand - B14, B16
  • bubbles - BG00
I fussy cut the critters and then diecut the two largest layers of the Under the Sea die in white AC cardstock. I already die cut for a previous project the sun from Sun Smiles Die and a cloud from Three Clouds Die. All the dies are from La-La Land Crafts.
I also cut a piece of paper for the background from white cardstock that I sponged with Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Inks. I also had some silver card.

I assembled my double shadow box card according to Irina's awesome video (linked above), except I have attached it to a white square card from Envelope Solutions.
I have used Teal Zeal Memento ink to stamp the sentiment using my MISTI on to the Scalloped Sentiment Labels Die sentiment piece.

Here are some close ups of the critters after I fussy cut them:

Here is a photo from one side and then the other:


As usual, I have taken inspiration from the wonderful Alyce at Kit and Clowder and used some inspiration from the cards of the La-La Land Crafts Design Team on Facebook.

There is inspiration from the rest of the Love to Craft Challenge Blog DT over on the Love to Craft Challenge Blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card or gift stash.

We all hope that you are able to join us for this challenge. We look forward to visiting your blogs and seeing your gorgeous "always anything goes" creations. Please ensure that you are a follower of the Love to Craft Challenge Blog!

Have fun! This challenge will end on the 15th of February, 2023 (my daughter's 16th Birthday!). Please check the Love to Craft Challenge Blog to find out the winners of Challenge #71.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Creative Creases Challenge #47 - Anything Goes with a Fun Fold


Thanks for looking!
                              

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh Lou, this is just awesome! Love the critters and all the dies you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! This is beyond adorable! I just love everything about this card!! Your images are so cute and perfectly colored. Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderfully fun, happy card Lou! I love everything about this one. So special and sure to bing a huge smile!!! :)

    ReplyDelete