Sunday 1 January 2023

Fuzzy Hugs for Merry Little Christmas Challenge #48 for January/February 2023

 

For challenge #48 for Jan/Feb 2023 of the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog I chose to use Yeti images that I have been wanting to use for a while from La-La Land CraftsThen I have also used some dies from my La-La Land Crafts stash and made a double shadow box card which is the Day 5 tutorial by the wonderful Irina at La-La Land Crafts last year, well the year before last now - 2021!!

Here is my card for this month:


I have stamped the three Yetis from Fuzzy Hugs Clear Stamp Set from the wonderful Irina at La-La Land Crafts on to X-Press It Blending card using London Fog Memento ink and then coloured with the following Copics markers:
  • face - E00, E21, E11, E04, R20, R30
  • tooth - C0, C1
  • fur - W0, W1, W2, W3, W4, W5
  • scarf/mug - BV000, BV00, BV02
  • mug/horns - BG10, BG11, BG23, BG34
I fussy cut the Yetis and then diecut the two largest layers of the Cave die and the Snowbanks die in white AC cardstock, then the two trees from the Snow Globe die and Build-A-Frame Stitched Large die in some white card from my stash. I was cleaning upstairs in my office/craft room and found a few of the Winter Branches already die cut from a previous project (some even had clear Wink of Stella on them too!). All the dies are from La-La Land Crafts.
I also cut a piece of paper for the background from Starry Night Paper Pack. I also had some gold card.

I assembled my double shadow box card according to Irina's awesome video (linked above), except I have attached it to a white square card from Envelope Solutions.
I have used Nautical Blue Memento ink to stamp the sentiment using my MISTI on to the Build-A-Frame Stitched Large die sentiment piece.

Here is a photo of the card before I adhered the Yetis - you can see the snowbank:

Here is a close-up of the three Yetis before I fussy cut them:

Here is a different angle of the card with everything attached:

As usual, I have taken inspiration from the wonderful Alyce at Kit and Clowder and I also used some inspiration from the cards of the La-La Land Crafts Design Team on Facebook.


There is inspiration from the rest of the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog DT over on the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card or gift stash.

We all hope that you are able to join us for this challenge. We look forward to visiting your blogs and seeing your gorgeous "always anything Christmas goes" creations. Please ensure that you are a follower of the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog!

Have fun! This challenge will end on the 15th of February, 2023 (my daughter's birthday!). Please check the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog to find out the winners of Challenge #47.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Creative Creases Challenge #47 - Anything Goes with a Fun Fold

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I just love this fun fold card! Your Yetis are so cute and love all of the great details. Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete