Sunday 5 March 2023

Add Buttons for Let's Craft and Create Challenge on the 5th of March, 2023

 

For this month's challenge at Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog we have the optional theme of

Add Buttons

I was searching through my stash for actual buttons and came across some that were already die cut from glitter cardstock! So then I thought of using the two Club La-La Land Craft kits that are sewing related - February 2015 and June 2018. So here is my card:

I have stamped In Style Marci from La-La Land Crafts on to X-Press It Blending card using Tuxedo Black Memento ink. I have then coloured her with Copic inks as follows:
  • skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20, R30
  • lips - RV63, RV66
  • hair - E33, E35, E37, E39
  • blue - B12, B14, B16, B18
  • yellow - Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17
  • tape measure - RV52, RV55
  • scissors - Y28
I have used a white gel pen for the dots and then fussy cut her.

For the card, I have used a Kraft square card from Envelope SolutionsI cut a piece of paper from Chapter One by KaiserCraft and outlined it with B16 before adhering with double sided tape to the card.

For the buttons, I have used the Buttons Border die and Swatch and Buttons die both from La-La Land Crafts and die cut some pink and white gingham paper and glitter cardstock from my stash. As the buttons were already die cut (I think they were for another project!) some of them had been tied with embroidery floss.

I have also die cut a dress from Chapter One paper and a dress form from Kraft cardstock both from the Dress Form and Dress die also from La-La Land Crafts.

One of the sentiments from the February 2015 Club La-La Land Craft kit has been stamped in Nautical Blue Memento ink on to one of the sentiment labels from Scalloped Sentiment Labels Die also from La-La Land Crafts.

I have adhered the button border at an angle, so that it fit on the card! Then I adhered the dress form, dress and buttons to the card using glue. Marci has been popped up with foam tape, as has the sentiment label, as you may be able to see in these photos:


Here is a close-up photo of Marci as she was being coloured and before fussy-cutting:

As usual, I have taken inspiration from the wonderful Alyce at Kit and Clowder and used some inspiration from the cards of the La-La Land Crafts Design Team on the La-La Land Crafts blog and Facebook.

I would like to enter this card into a few challenges:
Crafting Happiness Challenge #140 - St Patrick's Day or use green - I subconsciously used green, so I hope it is enough!

Let's Craft and Create Challenges are monthly and go live on the 5th of every month and you have until the end of the month to add your creations which can be anything goes plus an optional theme.

There is inspiration from the rest of the Let's Craft and Create DT over on the Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card stash.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun design! Adorable image, too! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges!

    ReplyDelete