Monday 6 March 2023

Art of Friendship by Beccy's Place for Little Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #201 on the 5th of March, 2023


Hi All!
Welcome to my post about my card for challenge #201, the 5th of March 2023 challenge for the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog.

Here is my completed card:


Our sponsor for this challenge is Beccy from Beccy's Place:

Beccy’s Place Designs by Beccy Muir

My paper obsession began with scrapbooking in the late 1990s and has since evolved into card-making and digital drawing.  There were a few years of decorative painting, teddy bear making and silk ribbon embroidery mixed in there too!  I still dabble in each of those crafts, and many others, but 

I generally gravitate toward paper, which I find versatile and forgiving.
I started “doodling” little designs for cards back in 2009, which is when I started my blog and began sharing my images with other Cardies.  From there I progressed to my very own online store selling digital drawings for cards and other paper craft projects. In 2012, Margaret Myers from Sparkle N Sprinkle contacted me with a proposal to make some of my designs into rubber stamps, which was a very exciting opportunity for me. Four years later, I decided to further expand my business by offering my very own range of clear stamps, which are also sold from my online store. My latest venture is a line of cutting dies that will coordinate with some of my most popular clear stamps.
These days, when I’m not hanging out with my husband and kids, I spend a lot of time with other crafters and card makers, enjoying our shared passion for handcrafts. I can’t imagine a day without some sort of creative activity taking place, whether it’s designing a new image, hand-stitching a little toy or just taking some inspirational photographs.

Beccy's Place shop here

Facebook here

prize: $10.00AU gift voucher 


I chose to use the magnolia (well I think it is magnolia!) from Art of Friendship by Beccy's Placewhich I have digitally printed on to X-Press It Blending card and then coloured with the following Copics markers:
  • flowers - R81, R83, RV00
  • leaves - G20, G21, G24
  • stems - E31, E33, E35
  • stamens - YR04
  • background - B0000, B000, colourless blender
  • outline - G24
I have added some glitter pen and then cut out the image using my paper cutter and adhered it to a white card from Envelope Solutions.

I also added a sentiment from Prairie Cheer by the wonderful Marcella at Power Poppy using Nautical Blue Memento ink and my MISTI. Unfortunately Prairie Cheer is not available anymore.

As usual, I have taken inspiration from the wonderful Alyce at Kit and Clowder and her fantastic monthly classes and bonus classes.

Here are a couple of photos close-up of the colouring before it was adhered to the card:


There is inspiration from the rest of the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends DT over on the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card or gift stash.

We all hope that you are able to join us for this challenge. We look forward to visiting your blogs and seeing your gorgeous "always anything goes" creations. Please ensure that you are a follower of the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge blog to be eligible for a prize!
Have fun! This challenge will end on Saturday the 18th of March, 2023. Please check the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge blog on Sunday 5th of March, 2023 to find out the winners of Challenge #200.

I would like to enter this card into a few challenges:

Thanks for looking!
                            

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card and coloured beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT

    ReplyDelete