Friday 5 May 2023

Ribbon, Lace, Twine (Use all or some) Challenge at Let's Craft and Create for the 5th of May, 2023

 

For this month's challenge at Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog we have the optional theme of

Ribbon, Lace, Twine (Use all or some)

I started to colour one of the cute ostriches from Irina at La-La Land Crafts for another project, but then changed my idea, so I decided to use him for this month at Let's Craft and Create Challenge.

So here is my card:


I have stamped one of the ostriches from Deck The Halls Clear Stamp Set from La-La Land Crafts using Black Tuxedo Memento ink on to X-Press It Blending card and then coloured with Copic inks as follows:
  • feathers - BV23, BV25, BV29
  • skin - E000, E00, E02, E21, E11, E04
  • eyes - BG13, BG15
  • purple - V12, V15, V17
  • turquoise - BG11, BG13, BG15
  • pink - RV63, RV55, RV66
  • orange - YR12, YR23, YR68
  • green - YG21, YG23, YG17
  • yellow - Y00, Y15, Y38
I have cut the image out using the Deck The Halls Outline Dies. Then I die cut the Noel die from Christmas Hodgepodge Paper and the Large Banner Die from Christmas Hodgepodge Paper, white cardstock and silver paper.
I already had a Snowflake Border Die cut from white card stock. I also found some smaller snowflakes in my stash that were die cut from the Snowflakes (set of 4) die from the October 2014 Club La-La Land Crafts Kit.

I assembled the banner with the snowflake border behind and looped some Baker's Twine from my stash through the holes in the banner. I adhered the banner on to Kraft card from Envelope Solutions using foam tape and then added the ostrich.
I also added some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Morning Dew to the snowflakes (I think I should have used one with more sparkle!)

Here is a close-up photo of the ostrich before he was die cut:

Here is the layout of the banner before I glued everything:


Here is another photo with the card flat so that you can see the colours:


As usual, I have taken inspiration from the wonderful Alyce at Kit and Clowder and used some inspiration from the cards of the La-La Land Crafts Design Team on the La-La Land Crafts blog and Facebook.

I would like to enter this card into a few challenges:
The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up Challenge #100 - Anything Goes Christmas with the Optional Twist of Holiday Decorations
Mix It Up Challenge MIUCB #65 - Anything Goes plus optional Embossing
Critter Crazy Challenge #74 - Anything Goes with a Featured Critter

Let's Craft and Create Challenges are monthly and go live on the 5th of every month and you have until the end of the month to add your creations which can be anything goes plus an optional theme.

There is inspiration from the rest of the Let's Craft and Create DT over on the Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card stash.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Lou, your card is fabulous. Hugs from your teamie Zowie! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Louise! Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Critter Crazy Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Gale DT for
    https://2craftycrittercrazies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete