Sunday 2 July 2023

June 2023 Card Chain Challenge Reveal

 

I signed up again for the Card Chain Challenge! Essentially you sign up and make a card that you send to the person before you in the sign up and the person that signed up after you, sends you a card!

For June 2023, I made a card to send to Suze in New Zealand - this is wh
at I sent her:


Here are the options that we had to make the card:


Theme Options: Birds / Wheels / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Something a friend sent you / Stitches

I have used the sketch for inspiration, as well as the theme option "wheels" as the flowers resemble wheels!

I have used the In Bloom Clear Stamp Set and the coordinating In Bloom Outlines Dies from La-La Land Crafts. First I stamped the flowers on to water colour paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink and my MISTI, then I coloured with the following Distress Markers/ink:
  • green - mowed lawn, pine needles, lucky clover
  • red/pink - fired brick, festive berries
  • yellow/orange - spiced marmalade, wild honey
  • purple - milled lavender, seedless preserves, dusty concord, chipped sapphire
  • brown - tea dye, vintage photo, weathered wood
I die cut the three separate flowers and fussy cut the larger image. Then I die cut a Scalloped Sentiment Labels Dies from white cardstock. I stamped a sentiment from Showers of Joy Clear Stamp Set using Versafine Onyx Black ink and my MISTI, then brushed some tea dye Distress Ink on to it.

I adhered the bigger image using double-sided tape on to a Kraft card from Envelope Solutions. Then I positioned the separate flowers and the sentiment label - adhering the flowers with foam tape and the sentiment with double-sided tape. 
Once everything was on the card, I sprayed it with Cadence Shake & Gilt in Multicolour - I found it in my stash upstairs and it was begging to be used!

Here are some photos from a different angle and flat so you can see the dimension and glitter:


Also, here is a photo of the card before I adhered everything and sprayed the glitter:

Here are the flowers before they were fussy or die cut:



As usual I found inspiration from La-La Land Crafts DT, who showcased some awesome projects on the La-La Land Crafts blog and as usual, from the wonderful Alyce at Kit and Clowder and her fantastic monthly classes.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
Mix It Up Challenge MIUCB #66 - Anything Goes with the option of Aperture

I hope that Suze likes the card, I was a little late posting it as it has been so wet here in Adelaide, that the glitter took ages to dry - then I escaped up to Darwin for work!

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. Great card, love those flowers and I bet the glitter is amazing in real life. Lucky Suze to be on the receiving end of it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interpretation of "wheels". I bet the glitter is pretty amazing - you can never get the shine or glitter pictured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great floral collage stamp you used here! I love all the colors you've used on it! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your colorful flower wheels, Lou - gorgeous with all the shimmer!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great riot of colourful flowers and they do look like wheels! Great card Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely floral card Lou, nice use of the options, Robyn

    ReplyDelete