Wednesday 5 July 2023

Add Flowers for Let's Craft and Create Challenge #197 on the 5th of July, 2023

 

For this month's challenge at Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog we have the optional theme of

Add Flowers

I decided to use some of the awesome sunflowers from Power Poppy that I have already printed and cut out a few years ago with my Cameo Silhouette plus some of my stash from La-La Land Crafts.

So here is my card:


As I mentioned above, I have digitally printed Sunflower Power Digital Stamp from Power Poppy on to X-Press It Blending card, cut it out with my Silhouette Cameo and then coloured with Copic inks as follows:
  • orange - YR12, YR14, YR16
  • yellow - Y13, Y19
  • green - YG11, YG23, YG25, YG67
  • centre - E13, E25, E33, E08
  • blue - BG0000, BG000, BG01
  • outline - BG01
I have stamped on to a white card from Envelope Solutions the Hello Lovely Background Stamp from La-La Land Crafts using Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink and the top of my MISTI. Then once that had dried, I stamped two butterflies from Pure Prairie Spirit Clear Stamp Set by the wonderful Marcella at Power Poppy which unfortunately has been discontinued, but there is a digital stamp called Pure Prairie Bouquet. I stamped the butterflies in Bahama Blue and Elderberry Memento ink using my MISTI and then stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Versafine Vintage Sepia ink.

Here is a close-up photo of the sunflower after it was coloured:

Here is the layout of the card before I attached the sunflowers:

As usual, I have taken inspiration from the wonderful Alyce at Kit and Clowder and used some inspiration from the cards of the La-La Land Crafts Design Team on the La-La Land Crafts blog and Facebook.

I would like to enter this card into a few challenges:
Mix It Up Challenge MIUCB #65 - Anything Goes plus optional Embossing
Butterfly Challenge #184 - Anything Goes with a Butterfly
The Flower Challenge #82 - CAS (Clean & Simple) (Hopefully it is CAS enough!)

Let's Craft and Create Challenges are monthly and go live on the 5th of every month and you have until the end of the month to add your creations which can be anything goes plus an optional theme.

There is inspiration from the rest of the Let's Craft and Create DT over on the Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card stash.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. This is one gorgeous flower - love it! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have beautifully coloured the sun flower. It looks stunning. Thankyou for coming and playing along in the butterfly garden. I don't think you have played before so welcome. hugs Mrs A .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sunflowers, beautifully coloured Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE sunflowers, and your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at The Mix It Up Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete