Saturday 2 September 2023

August 2023 Card Chain Card Reveal

 

I signed up again for the Card Chain Challenge! Essentially you sign up and make a card that you send to the person before you in the sign up and the person that signed up after you, sends you a card!

For August 2023, I made a card to send to Chris in Illinois - this is wh
at I sent her:

Here are the options that we had to make the card:


Theme Options: CAS / Fruit and/or Veg / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Vellum / Stencil

I have used the colour palette and sketch for inspiration, as well I started out with the CAS option, but then veered to a stencil to add some more colour! Also I want to start to use some of the inks and stencils from my stash!

I have used Chinese Lantern from Power Poppy. I have digitally printed the image a while ago and this month coloured it with the following Copics markers:
  • light green - YG00, YG11, YG23, YG25
  • darker green - G20, G21, G24, G28
  • orange - YR02, R14, YR09
  • pale yellow - YR00, Y21, Y32
  • brown - E23, E25, E27
  • purple - BV000, BV00
  • outline - BV25, BV08
I die cut the coloured image using the largest Scalloped Rectangles Die from La-La Land Crafts. Then I used the following Distress Oxide inks with the Falling for Fall Layering Stencil also by La-La Land Crafts:
  • mowed lawn
  • picked raspberry
  • squeezed lemonade
  • twisted citron
  • wild honey

I stencilled on to a Kraft card from Envelope Solutions. Then I positioned the coloured image on to the card - after taking a few photos I added some glitter using my newly purchased nuvo glitter markers that are on my work area - I haven't even put them away yet! The colours are sweet apricot, morning moss and urban graphite.

Here is a photo before I added the glitter:

Also, here is a photo of the image after I die cut it and before I adhered it to the card:

Here is a photo of the image before it was die cut:


As I was trying to stick to the colour palette, I found inspiration from Julie Koerber, one of the Power Poppy DT and as usual, from the wonderful Alyce at Kit and Clowder and her fantastic monthly classes.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
Crafting Happiness Challenge #146 - September Anything Goes
Mix It Up Challenge MIUCB #67 - Anything Goes with the option of Make Your Own Background


I hope that Chris likes the card, I was a little late organising myself and posting it as I have hurt my medial ligament (inside of the knee) dashing across the road and so I am quite exhausted from limping around and then travelling for work!

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. I just love both the Chinese Lanterns (I have these growing in my garden) and the bittersweet that you've used on your card Lou - so nicely colored in the green and orange! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous coloring on the lantern digi, Lou, and the stenciled leaves behind it add so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I've never seen this flower or heard of it before. Just lovely shading and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I have this image too — haven’t used it in ages and it’s a beauty, isn’t it? Love the way you’ve coloured it here Lou, it looks beautiful with the green shades for the lanterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such good use of the options on this one. Your colouring is very special too. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and image-beautifully coloured image-hope your knee feels better soon
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete