Thursday 2 November 2023

October 2023 Card Chain Challenge Reveal


I signed up again for the Card Chain Challenge! Essentially you sign up and make a card that you send to the person before you in the sign up and the person that signed up after you, sends you a card!

For October 2023, I made a card to send to Jill in West Virginia - this is wh
at I sent her:

Here are the options that we had to make the card:




Theme Options: Bears / Balloons / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Something Fluffy / Spotlight Stamping

I have used the theme options of bears, balloons and friendship, then also "something fluffy", although my version is not fluffy on the card, but is in real life! I have used a tutorial by Jennifer McGuire of a simple slider card, which you can find here! Unless indicated all the products are from La-La Land Crafts.

I stamped the bear images from December 2016 Club La-La Land Crafts kit on X-Press It Blending card with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, I coloured the three images and fussy cut them!

I have coloured all the images with the following Copics markers:
  • bears - E00, E11, E13, E15, E18, R20
  • basket - E71, E74, E77
  • balloon - BG11, BG13, BG15, BG18, Y17
  • blue on earth - BG53, BG57, BG49
  • green on earth - G40, G43, G46
I then followed the tutorial from Jennifer McGuire Ink - Simple Mirror Stamping + DIY Slider Card using the Long Stitched Slots Die to make the slider part. I also used the Three Clouds Die plus Distress Oxide inks: Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn.

I followed Jennifer's instructions in the video and used a "Pull" sentiment from Studio Light Essentials Collection Clear Stamps #276 - I think I bought it from Simon Says Stamp, but it doesn't seem to be available from there anymore. I stamped all three sentiments - "pull" and one from the December 2016 Club La-La Land Crafts kit and then one from May 2023 KOTM - all in Elderberry Memento ink.

I learnt from my last interactive card and doubled the pull tab, so that it easily slides back and forth and has some stability!

I adhered my interactive base to a white card from Envelope Solutions.

Here is a photo before I adhered the interactive base to the card and also before I stamped the sentiment on the pull tab:

Here is a photo of the images after fussy cutting:

Here is a photo of the card before, during and after pulling the slider:



As usual, I found inspiration for the colouring from the wonderful Alyce at Kit and Clowder and her fantastic monthly classes.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
Corrosive Challenge #10 - Anything Goes (I won this challenge last month!)
Critter Crazy Challenge #80 - Anything Goes with a Featured Critter - I have three!

I hope that Jill likes the card, again, I was a little late organising myself and posting it as I was away in Perth for work and then have been at a conference in the Adelaide Hills.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. What a clever and fun design with your slider element Lou - and your coloring is gorgeous on all your critters! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so clever and such amazing colouring and blending. such a lot of work and attention to detail. I have no doubt that Jill loved it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use the themes! I love how the bear and balloon move and reveal a sweet sentiment. Thanks for being a link in our chain of friendship and crafting, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable and fantastic coloring. I love it.

    ReplyDelete