Wednesday 1 November 2023

Ta-Da Penguins for Merry Little Christmas Challenge #53 on the 1st of November, 2023

As it has been so crazy at work, I'm really late posting this.
Anyway, for challenge #53 for November/December 2023 of the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog I chose to use a new La-La Land Crafts stamp and die set from Simon Says Stamp during Stamptember, as well as a die set that I bought from Simon Says Stamp by Lawn Fawn - I have been eyeing it off since it was released!

My little penguins are probably a little big for the Ta-Da! Diorama card, so I will need to check out the stamps that are meant to go with it!!

Anyway, here is my card:


Then it opens up - TA-DA! to reveal the third penguin!

I stamped the penguins from the La-La Land Crafts STAMPtember Exclusive Chill Winter Season Stamps and Dies on to X-Press It Blending card, die cut them with the matching dies and then coloured with the following Copics:
  • black - C3, C5, C7, C9
  • white - C00, C0, C1
  • beak/feet - YR12, YR14, YR18, R20
  • red - R22, R24, R27, R39
  • green - YG21, YG03, YG17
  • blue - B14, B16, B18
I also used a white gel pen and white blizzard Nuvo glitter drops.
I die cut the pieces for the Ta-Da! Diorama dies by Lawn Fawn from white cardstock, as well as the hillside inserts following one of the many tutorials available on YouTube.
I then coloured the pieces, other than the hillsides with the following Distress Oxide inks:
  • peacock feathers
  • salty ocean
  • tumbled glass
I put the Ta-Da! Diorama card together following the tutorial and adhered my three penguins with foam tape and glue.
The sentiment was stamped on card using my MISTI and Bahama Blue Memento ink, then die cut using one of the dies in the set!
To make the card, I have attached a piece of paper from Starry Night Paper Pack from La-La Land Crafts on to a Kraft card from Envelope Solutions. Then I adhered the Ta-Da! Diorama card in place.

Here is a close up of the penguins after they were fussy cut and before they were attached to the card:

As usual, I have taken inspiration from the wonderful Alyce from Kit and Clowder and her Kit and Clowder Monthly Colouring Classes, as well as the awesome La-La Land Crafts DT.

There is inspiration from the rest of the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog DT over on the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card or gift stash.

We all hope that you are able to join us for this challenge. We look forward to visiting your blogs and seeing your gorgeous "always anything Christmas goes" creations. Please ensure that you are a follower of the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog!

Have fun! This challenge will end on the 15th of December, 2023. Please check the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog to find out the winners of Challenge #52.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Mix It Up Challenge MIUCB #68 - Anything Goes + optional Stamping
The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up #106 - Anything Goes Christmas with the Optional Twist - Cozy Christmas

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment