Sunday 1 September 2024

Winter Penguins for Merry Little Christmas Challenge #58 for September/October 2024

 

It has been quite a hectic few months, so for challenge #58 for September/October 2024 of the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog I chose to make a card drawing inspiration from something I had seen (but I can't for the life of me remember where!!) and use my products from La-La Land Crafts and make it Christmassy!

Here is my card for this month:


This card uses the following stamps, dies and papers from La-La Land Crafts and some stamped and die cut penguins from Chill Winter Season which was a Stamptember collaboration between Simon Says Stamp and La-La Land Crafts:
The penguins were stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and coloured with the following Copics: 
  • white - C0, C1, C3
  • black - C5, C7, C9
  • red - R22, R24, R27, R39
  • green - YG21, YG03, YG17
  • beak/feet - YR12, YR14, YR18, R20
  • hat pompoms - white blizzard Nuvo Glitter Drops
I die cut the hills from white cardstock, the fence was already die cut from some Kraft cardstock and the Christmas Tree was already die cut from Merry & Bright Paper Pack. Also the label was already die cut from white cardstock.

To make the card, I positioned and cut a piece of the Going Places Paper Pack on to a Kraft card from Envelope Solutions. I then positioned and adhered the hills, fence and Christmas tree.
The sentiment was stamped with my MISTI on to one of the labels from Scalloped Sentiment Labels Die using Nautical Blue Memento ink and adhered to the card. Then the penguins were popped up using foam tape.

I totally forgot to take a photo of the penguins before they were attached to the card, but I took a photo before I adhered them to the card:

Here is another photo of the finished card:


There is inspiration from the rest of the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog DT over on the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card or gift stash.

We all hope that you are able to join us for this challenge. We look forward to visiting your blogs and seeing your gorgeous "always anything Christmas goes" creations. Please ensure that you are a follower of the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog!

Have fun! This challenge will end on the 15th of October, 2024. Please check the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog to find out the winners of Challenge #57.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Classic Design Challenge #08-2024 Aug/Sep - Anything Goes with Optional Twist: Geometric Designs/Shapes - I have circles, but not sure they count!

Thanks for looking!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment