Friday 5 August 2022

Feeling Distressed (Distress Paper) for Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog on the 5th of August, 2022


I am a little slow adding this to my blog this month - I have been travelling for work and the weekend has been crazy just trying to catch up!

Anyway, for this month's challenge at Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog we have the optional theme of

Feeling Distressed (Distress Paper)

I thought of some sepia colouring that we did for the La-La Land Crafts Virtual Cardmaking Workshop and using my paper distressing tool that I have not used!

Here is my card:

I have stamped Marci with Suitcase from La-La Land Crafts with Tuxedo Black Memento ink on to X-Press It Blending card and then coloured with Copics pens from the E50s and RV52 for the flowers. Then I fussy cut her.

I have found a piece of paper from my stash and treated it to my paper distressing tool before using Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide ink on the edges.

I have die cut some white card stock using the smallest Pierced Scalloped Ovals die set from La-La Land Crafts and then treated the oval with Tea Dye Distress ink and stamped the sentiment from Marci with Suitcase using Nautical Blue Memento ink and my MISTI.

I have adhered the distressed paper on to a Kraft slimline card from Envelope Solutions using double-sided tape. Then using foam tape, I have adhered the sentiment and Marci on to the front.
 
Here is another photo of the finished card:

Here is a photo of Marci with Suitcase before she was fussy cut:


As usual I found inspiration from the La-La Land Crafts DT, who showcased some awesome projects on the La-La Land Crafts blog and as usual, from the wonderful Alyce at Kit and Clowder and her fantastic monthly classes.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
A Perfect Time to Craft Challenge #8-2022 - August Anything Goes (I was a spotlight winner in June!)
Classic Design Challenge August 2022 #8 - Anything Goes (I won first prize last month!!)
Mix It Up Challenge #60 - Anything Goes plus the Option of Clean and Simple
Creative Fingers Challenge #236 - Anything Goes (I was in the Top 3 last month!)


Let's Craft and Create Challenges are monthly and go live on the 5th of every month and you have until the end of the month to add your creations which can be anything goes plus an optional theme.

There is inspiration from the rest of the Let's Craft and Create DT over on the Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card stash.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and image thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Classic Design challenge Janet DT.

    ReplyDelete