Thursday 1 September 2022

Deck the Palms for Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog #46 for September/October 2022

 

For challenge #46 for Sep/Oct 2022 of the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog I chose to use Santa images that I have been wanting to use for a while from La-La Land CraftsThen I have also used some dies from my La-La Land Crafts stash.

Here is my card for this month:


I have stamped the three Santas and palm tree from Deck the Palms Clear Stamp Set from the wonderful Irina at La-La Land Crafts on to X-Press It Blending card using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and then coloured with the following Copics markers:
  • skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, R30
  • beard - C00, C0, C1
  • red - R24, R27, R59
  • blue - B12, B14, B16, B18
  • grey - C3, C5, C7, C9
  • palm tree trunk - E23, E25, E27, E29
  • palm tree leaves - YG03, YG13, YG63, YG67
  • lights - B16, R59, clear Wink of Stella
  • drink - YG21
I have also used Frosted Lace Stickles on the trim and end of the hats and Glossy Accents on the glasses.

I have diecut a piece of white cardstock using the Seaside die from La-La Land Crafts and then used the following Distress Oxide inks:
  • salty ocean
  • shaded lilac
  • pickled raspberry
  • tumbled glass
  • twisted citron
  • squeezed lemonade
  • antique linen
I have also diecut the two tickets using the Ticket die from La-La Land Crafts and then used salty ocean and shaded lilac Distress Oxide inks before stamping the sentiments in Nautical Blue Memento ink.

Here is a photo of the card before I adhered everything:

I have also used a white and yellow spotted paper from my stash and a white card from Envelope Solutions.

Here is a close-up of the three Santas and the palm tree before the stickles had dried - you can see a bit of sparkle on one of the lights:

Here is a close-up of the three Santas and the palm tree after the stickles had dried:

As usual, I have taken inspiration from the wonderful Alyce at Kit and Clowder and I also used some inspiration from the cards of the La-La Land Crafts Design Team on Facebook.


There is inspiration from the rest of the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog DT over on the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog, so please pop over to everyone's blog by clicking on their name. We always appreciate a comment or two! :) You can also find out what other challenges are out there, which could give you some ideas for your card or gift stash.

We all hope that you are able to join us for this challenge. We look forward to visiting your blogs and seeing your gorgeous "always anything Christmas goes" creations. Please ensure that you are a follower of the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog!

Have fun! This challenge will end on the 15th of October, 2022. Please check the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog to find out the winners of Challenge #45.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
TBD

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment